Understanding the care of the smile with dental hygiene tips
Dr. Sarah Keen of The Dental Loft in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is dedicated to providing patients with the solutions they need to achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. When it comes to dental hygiene care, she is here to help by educating patients on ways to keep the smile healthy while ensuring a beautiful smile that functions at its best.
Why is dental hygiene crucial?
It is vital that patients achieve and maintain oral health and wellness throughout their lives. Certain conditions can develop that can permanently affect the smile. That includes dental decay, cavities, and disease, such as periodontal disease. These conditions may cause damage to the teeth, gums, and bone that can be costly and difficult to restore. By taking good care of the smile with regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental visits, patients can ensure they have a healthy smile that functions at its best and stays that way throughout their lifetime!
What are some dental hygiene recommendations?
Dr. Keen takes time to educate patients on the importance of taking care of the smile. Below are her recommendations for maintaining a smile that is beautiful, healthy, and long-lasting:
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush after every meal, or at least twice a day.
- Floss after every meal, or at least once a day, to remove food particles from between the teeth.
- Use a mouthwash to freshen your breath and protect the smile from damage.
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet high in fruits and vegetables and low in sugars and carbohydrates.
- Call the dentist as soon as any changes occur within the smile; the sooner issues are caught, the faster they can be treated with less damage to the teeth, gums, and bone.
- Visit the dentist twice a year or as recommended for professional dental cleanings and evaluations.
Ready for quality care for your smile?
Connect with Dr. Sarah Keen of The Dental Loft in Colorado Springs, CO, today! Call (719) 749-7997 to request a visit to the facility located at 3582 Blue Horizon View, Suite #164.